Oncology and Infusion CentreThe Oncology and Infusion Centre is a 12-chair public and private ambulatory care service at the Northern Beaches Hospital.
We run 5 clinics per week and provide the following services:
- Infusions for oncological malignancies
(eg outpatient chemotherapy, immunotherapy, non-cytotoxic antineoplastics)
- Non-malignant haematology
(eg blood transfusions, iron infusions)
- Medical Infusions
(eg for gastroenterology, immunology, neurology, respiratory specialities)
(eg for the treatment of haemochromatosis)
All patients benefit from the Centre's diverse clinical team. Our nurses are backed by specialist doctors, an Oncology/Blood Clinical Nurse Consultant, a McGrath Breast Care Nurse Consultant, Allied Health professionals, and palliative care services from Hammond Care.
The Centre is fortunate to have a dedicated McGrath Breast Care Nurse Consultant on site.
Our breast care nurse works with clinicians, GPs, and patients and their families to offer support following diagnosis of a breast cancer and during treatment.
She works Wednesday to Friday, and can be contacted on:
0451 925 500
Allied Health professionals are valuable members of your treatment support team.
The Centre has an Oncology Social Worker who can help you with your mental and emotional wellbeing, lifestyle, and home environment. She will also ensure you have information, education and referrals to beneficial community supports.
The hospital has effective links to Northern Sydney Local
Health District for allied health outpatient referral and follow up in the
The Hospital pharmacy has a Medical Oncology Pharmacist who is available to offer drug advice.
Please contact Epic Pharmacy on 9122 3006.
We are a public/private centre, so patients under Medicare generally do not incur any expenses unless co-payment is required for take home medications (as per normal prescription fees).
- 1 support person, if you desire (no children under 12, please)
- Anything you like to make yourself comfortable
- Something to do
- Medications list (for your first visit)
- Comfortable chairs
- Pillows and blankets
- TV and Wi-Fi
- Food and beverages
- A Cancer Council information hub
- Community services and information
Oncology Specialist Consults
The following Medical Oncologists consults at the Centre:
- Dr Tristan Barnes
- Dr Jennifer Man
- Dr Antony Mersiades
- Dr Antonia Pearson
- Associate Professor Pirooz Poursoltan
Oncology and Infusion Centre
Open: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: 9105 5090
Fax: 9105 5095
- For referrals to oncology services, please include referral letter, pathology, bloods results and imaging reports.
- The Northern Beaches Hospital is located at 105 Frenchs Forest Road (West) Frenchs Forest NSW 2086.
- The Oncology and Infusion Centre is located on the Ground Floor of the Hospital. Follow the signs from the main entrance or ask at the Concierge desk.
- Click on our WayFinder Map to view the Hospital grounds.
- Get directions from your location with the Site Locator.
- Please ask nursing staff about subsidised parking.