Getting to Northern Beaches Hospital
Download a copy of Your Guide on Getting to the Northern Beaches Hospital for information on travel options to the new hospital and a map of the hospital precinct.
15 min drop-off and pick-up is available at main entrance and emergency. Patients and visitors please use ground level up to level 7 (staff parking level B1 & B2). Disabled parking is available on every level opposite the lifts. Parking fees apply, with concession rates available.
To view our WayFinder Map click here.
Parking is available on site. The best entrance to the car park is via Warringah Road. Please use this entrance where ever possible.
Bus routes 136, 141, 169, 193 and 280 stop out the front of the Hospital on Frenchs Forest Road. Services from these stops run East to Dee Why, Warringah Mall and Manly and West to Chatswood, Belrose and the City. The 155 now travels from Bayview to Northern Beaches Hospital also.
More bus options are available on Warringah Road, Wakehurst Parkway and at Forest Way. It is approximately a 10 minute / 750 metre walk to buses at Forest Way.
Other Transport Options
- Keoride Buses - Keoride’s service on the Northern Beaches will pick you up from near home, a designated point of interest within the service area or the nearest bus stop and take you directly to the closest transport hub at Avalon, Narrabeen, Warriewood or Mona Vale. Download the Keoride app for IOS or Android
- EasyLink Shuttle Bus - Dowload timetable
- Trip Planner - Use the Trip Planner at transportnsw.info, call 131 500 or download a Bus Route Map
Entry by car is from Frenchs Forest Road. You can access Frenchs Forest Road from Warringah Road, Wakehurst Parkway or Forest Way.
Roads will be busier during morning and afternoon peak periods and on weekends. Ongoing road upgrade work around the hospital may also increase your travel time.
Visit livetraffic.com or call 132 701 for the latest information on traffic conditions.
Paid parking is available in the hospital car park. The best entrance to the car park is via Warringah Road.
Please use this entrance where ever possible.
Patient and visitor parking is located on ground level up to level 6. Spaces opposite the lifts on every level are allocated for disabled parking.
Parking rates are set by NSW Health.
Northern Beaches Hospital Car Park Hourly Rates
Duration *Fee Including GST
First 15 minutes Free
>1/4 hour - 1 hour $6.70
>1 - 2 hours $9.90
>2 - 3 hours $13.30
>3 - 4 hours $15.50
>4 - 5 hours $17.80
>5 hours plus $19.90
Maximum fee and lost entry pass fee $19.90.
To be eligible for concession rates you meet one or more of the criteria:
- Receiving daily dressing in Outpatients
- Long term patients and their carers attending for a course of treatment over a period of time greater than one week (e.g. patients undergoing chemotherapy or other cancer treatment).
- Patients and carers attending more frequently than twice weekly for a regular period of time
- Cardiac rehabilitation education and exercise class attendees
- Health promotion education class attendees
- Centrelink beneficiaries or financial hardship (requires social worker recommendation if actively involved in client care)
- Holder of a Pensioner Concession Card
- Holder of a Gold Veterans Affairs Card
- Holder of a Health Care Care
- Holder of a Road Traffic Authority issued Disabled Parking Permit
- Holder of a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (red)
Please note, seniors card is not eligible for concession
Duration *Fees including GST
0-3 hours Free
1 Exit Only $5.50
Single visit tickets are valid for one entry and one exit only within a 24 hour period where parking time is greater than 3 hours.
3-day ticket $11.10
Frequent use ticket allowing multiple entries and exits in a 3 day period.
7-day ticket $22.20
Frequent use ticket allowing multiple entries and exits in a 7 day period.
*We charge a 0.08% surcharge on payments made via credit card (MasterCard & Visa) in the car park
Please complete a form from the Bookings and Admission Centre or from the Concierge Desk on the ground floor. For eligible concessions, outside of normal hours, please speak to the relevant nursing manager.
15 minute drop-off and pick-up is available at the hospital and emergency department entrances which are accessible from Frenchs Forest Road.
Taxis can be called using the dedicated, free phones located within the hospital at the Concierge Desk, Emergency Department Reception and Transit Lounge. The taxi rank is located at the main hospital entrance.
Easylink provides community transport for customers in the Northern Beaches area to attend hospital appointments at Northern Beaches Hospital. For more information call (02) 9919 0700 or visit easylink.com.au
For those who live within a close proximity of the hospital and would like to walk or ride their bicycle, shared paths are available on Warringah Road, including on the pedestrian bridge at Hilmer Street. Widened footpaths are also in place on Frenchs Forest Road.
Secure bike lockers are located on the western side of the car park on level 1.