Welcome to Northern Beaches Hospital
Welcome to Northern Beaches Hospital. We’re a state-of-the-art facility and 24/7 Emergency Department dedicated to the care of the people and families of the Northern Beaches community.
Here, the focus is you. Your expert team of surgeons, specialist doctors, dedicated nurses and other professionals will ensure that your holistic healthcare experience is the best it can be.
Your local, world-class hospital has both private and public beds. If you have private health insurance, you can choose to stay as a private patient.
As the leading hospital in the region, we perform a range of surgeries, and provide intensive care, cardiac, neurosurgery, birthing, paediatrics, orthopaedics, mental health, renal and cancer care, and outpatient support.
Coming to hospital may be unsettling for some. Be reassured that you’re in the very best hands.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS as at 26 June, 2021
- MASKS - Masks will be mandatory for all staff and visitors until further notice.
- VISITORS - There will be NO VISITORS allowed for general patients effective from 10am, Sunday, 27 June until further notice. There will be exceptions: one parent for paediatrics and for compassionate reasons, such as those at end of life. Please speak with the unit manager. Birthing mothers may have one support partner as long as they have been screened and remain in the hospital. Support people coming/going pose an increased risk.
ELECTIVE SURGERY - Elective surgery is business as usual but our teams will be in contact to ensure you have not been to a hotspot or come into contact with an infectious person.
- TESTING - A reminder that our COVID-testing clinic is open 7 days a week from 8am to 5pm. You do not need a doctor's referral and testing is completely free
- SCREENING - Temperature checking will continue at hospital entrances.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING - Staff should also maintain social distance in meeting and meal rooms.
- Hotspots - Please be aware of current COVID-19 Hotspots. There are a number throughout Sydney. Find out more here https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx
- PERSONAL ITEMS/ FLOWERS/ GIFTS - To minimise the COVID-19 risk, we ask that people refrain as much as possible from sending personal items to patients at the hospital. The hospital has all the items that may be required including pillows, toiletries etc, We ask that you also reconsider sending flowers, gifts and other items at this time.
8.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Sunday
105 Frenchs Forest Road, Frenchs Forest (rear of the Emergency Department).
Drive directly to the clinic by following the signs, please do not use the main car park.
For people walking or travelling by public transport, follow the red line outside the hospital, then ring the Emergency Department intercom and they will be escorted to the clinic
Other clinic locations are available here.