Important Information for Visitors
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS as at 26 June, 2021
- MASKS - Masks will be mandatory for all staff and visitors until further notice.
- VISITORS - There will be NO VISITORS allowed for general patients effective from 10am, Sunday, 27 June until further notice. There will be exceptions: one parent for paediatrics and for compassionate reasons, such as those at end of life. Please speak with the unit manager. Birthing mothers may have one support partner as long as they have been screened and remain in the hospital. Support people coming/going pose an increased risk.
ELECTIVE SURGERY - Elective surgery is business as usual but our teams will be in contact to ensure you have not been to a hotspot or come into contact with an infectious person.
- TESTING - A reminder that our COVID-testing clinic is open 7 days a week from 8am to 5pm. You do not need a doctor's referral and testing is completely free
- SCREENING - Temperature checking will continue at hospital entrances.
- Social Distance - Staff should also maintain social distance in meeting and meal rooms.
- Hotspots - Please be aware of current COVID-19 Hotspots. There are a number throughout Sydney. Find out more here
Normal Visiting Policy
Northern Beaches Hospital has a visitor policy of two visitors per patient.
Visiting hours are in place to ensure that patients have a balanced amount of time with family and friends, as well as time to rest and recuperate. For special circumstances, please speak to the ward staff.
Visiting hours are 10.00am to 1.00pm, then again from 3.00pm till 8.00pm.
Children must be supervised at all times please whilst visiting in the hospital and noise levels should be kept to a minimum.
Visitors’ lounges are available in each ward.
Northern Beaches Hospital is at: 105 Frenchs Forest Road (West) Frenchs Forest NSW 2086.
In addition to traditional signage within the hospital, we also have way finding machines on the ground floor to assist with navigation around the hospital.
Please see top of page.
Forest Kitchen is a sophisticated new concept in hospital food services.
Across a variety of outlets in comfortable surrounds, Forest Kitchen aims to deliver healthy, fresh, fast, and an ethically-sourced food, along with comforting favourites like baked goods and sweets.
Together, the food team crafts seasonal offerings for breakfast, lunch, dinner and the 'meal-in-between-the meal' for those on-the-go.
Forest Kitchen has two special coffee blends and a full range of espresso-based drinks, as well as delicious hot chocolate, a selection of teas, and refreshing cold beverages.
Forest Kitchen is open 6:30am - 8:30pm, Monday to Friday (closed Saturday and Sunday) and is located on the Hospital Ground Floor.
Artisan Flowers supplies floral bouquets, floral arrangements, balloons and gifts to Hospital patients and the Northern Beaches surrounds.
Delivery within the Hospital is free and guaranteed within 2 hours of placing an order.
Online ordering is available.
Artisan Flowers is open each day from 9:00am - 7:30pm (including public holidays) and is located on the Hospital Ground Floor.
Convenience store and newsagency
The convenience store and newsagency carries a wide range of items and select services, including:
- cold beverages, confectionary, ice-creams and snacks
- beauty and health products
- baby products
- magazines and newspapers
- giftware and greeting cards
- simple apparel
- activity kits and games
- Opal cards
- mobile phone prepaid data
- NSW Lotteries
- dry cleaning.
The store is open every day between 8:00am - 7:30pm (including public holidays) and is located on the Hospital Ground Floor.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the hospital, including patient rooms and public areas. Ensure Wi-Fi is enabled on your device and select the Healthscope network.
Small electrical appliances, such as shavers and hairdryers, may be used in the hospital. However, it is necessary to have these items checked and tagged as electrically safe by a qualified electrician prior to your admission, so please advise nursing staff if you wish to use appliances that have not been checked. Faulty equipment may interfere with the use of vital medical equipment. We do not accept responsibility for damage to, or personal injury from, electrical items bought into the hospital.
Flowers and balloons delivered for patients will be sent to the patient's room when permitted. Due to infection control precautions, live flowers are not permitted in Intensive Care.
As a healthcare facility we endorse a smoke free environment for all staff, visitors and patients. Smoking is, therefore, prohibited in the hospital and on the hospital grounds. For patients who find this difficult, please discuss alternative therapies with your doctor or nurse - we can provide appropriate support. Patients who wish to smoke must leave the hospital grounds at their own risk, unaccompanied by staff. Please inform the ward staff of your intention to do so.