The Northern Beaches Dialysis Unit is a 12-chair ambulatory care facility for public and private patients.
Outpatient renal dialysis (haemodialysis) is our core service, with 2 sessions run each day - 7:30am and 2:00pm. We also provide inpatient and ICU haemodialysis, and inpatient peritoneal dialysis, as required.
Relationships are at the forefront of our nursing care, which is reflected in our team dynamic. Our positive, proactive nursing team is a balance of both dialysis experts and high-energy junior staff. We work together to ensure every patient receives excellent medical care and is fully-supported, whatever their needs may be.
The Dialysis Unit offers a point of difference to the community by giving patients access to a range of additional clinical services through the Hospital. In particular:
- Allied Health professionals - Social Workers, Dieticians, and Occupational Therapists
- Vascular Surgeons
- Interventional Radiologists
- imaging services
- pathology collection.
We deliver an exceptional standard of nephrology care, which follows proven protocols for best patient outcomes. Our care includes:
- a Consultant Nephrologist to oversee each session
- rigorous infection control protocols that features:
- staff hand hygiene
- patient health monitoring/isolation
- Influenza immunisation
- vascular access and monitoring
- dietary input
- emotional support.
As a new facility, the Unit has a bright, fresh ambience, as well as a comfortable waiting room for patients. We provide:
- new and well-maintained dialysis machines (Fresenius Haemodialysis System 5008/5008s)
- up-to-date computer programing to deliver accurate data entry and a more stable dialysis
- top-range dialysis chairs
- blankets and pillows
- a light lunch and refreshments
- TV / entertainment package
Bring along anything you wish to make yourself comfortable (eg own pillow, blanket, book, technology device).
One support person is welcome during your session.
Treatment at the Dialysis Unit is fully-covered by Medicare for public patients. Private patients are charged via Medicare and their private health insurance.
To be seen at the Dialysis Unit, you must live within the Northern Beaches Council Local Government Area, or be referred by a doctor with admitting rights to the Northern Beaches Hospital.
Open: 7:00am - 9:30pm, Monday to Saturday (closed Sunday)
Phone: 9105 5080/5081
Fax: 9105 5098
- The Northern Beaches Hospital is located at 105 Frenchs Forest Road (West) Frenchs Forest NSW 2086.
- The Dialysis Unit is located on the Ground Floor of the Hospital. Follow the signs from the main entrance or ask at the Concierge desk.
- Click on our WayFinder Map to view the Hospital grounds.
- Get directions from your location with the Site Locator.
- Please ask nursing staff about subsidised parking.