Northern Beaches Aged Care department is a multifaceted service able to assess, diagnose, and treat older patients with complex care needs (usually 85-years and over).
The service specialises in providing support for:
- Major geriatric syndromes, such as dementia, delirium, frailty and falls
- End-of-life care
- Older and more complex surgical patients.
The Aged Care service is comprehensive, and includes:
- Inpatient medical and surgical geriatric care for all patients
- An inpatient consultation service for all patients, on request
- Aged Service Emergency Team (ASET) to assist with and promote timely care in the Emergency Department for frail, older patients
- A Clinical Nurse Consultant to provide hospital-wide expertise in geriatric syndromes
- Rehabilitation services at Mona Vale Hospital
- Outpatient Memory, Falls and General Geriatric clinics currently at Mona Vale Hospital
- Outreach clinics at Brookvale Community Centre.
The Aged Care team includes:
- Dr Lyndal Newton (Head of Department)
- Dr Helen Gillespie
- Dr Rachael Oliver-Redgate
- Dr Ming Loh
- Dr Anh Tran-Nam
- Dr Desmond Graham
- Dr Gill Meyer
- Annie Chui RN, Clinical Nurse Consultant
- Natalie Flanagan RN, Clinical Nurse Consultant
The on-call geriatrician can be contacted via our switchboard on 9105 5000.