Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
The Vascular Surgery service provides comprehensive vascular and endovascular care to public and private patients with arterial and venous insufficiency. We deliver a full range of vascular diagnostic, interventional endovascular, and traditional arterial and venous reconstructive surgery, working closely with Royal North Shore Hospital to ensure highly-specialised care, if required.
Common conditions covered by our team include the following:
- Peripheral vascular disease intervention through endovascular, open and combined hybrid approaches. This is vital for the care of diabetic foot infections.
- Extracranial carotid disease for treatment and prevention of stroke.
- Aneurysms and dissections of thoracic and abdominal aorta, treated with world-class stenting, custom made fenestrated grafts, hybrid and open surgery.
- Occlusive disease of aorta, visceral, renal and peripheral arteries, treated with open and endovascular surgery.
- Venous abnormalities, such as varicose veins, deep venous insufficiency, venous ulcers, venous thrombosis, and compression syndromes.
- Thoracic outlet compression syndromes and thorascopic sympathectomies for the treatment of hyperhidrosis.
The Hospital seeks to provide the best standard of care through an evidence-based approach in our state-of-the-art hybrid operating suite. It carries the latest technology, such as 3D imaging software and live image guidance for complex endovascular solutions. It also has intravascular ultrasound, which is critical for intervention on complex venous and aortic pathology. Our surgeons are all trained in the use of this system.
Our surgeons all work collaboratively to ensure best level of care for their patients, drawing on their extensive local and international training. Referrals are accepted through the Emergency Department and the specialist's own rooms - please refer to the Northern Beaches Hospital Doctors Directory for their most current practice information: