Northern Beaches Hospital Neurology Department provides a clinical and diagnostic service for the assessment and management of patients with disorders of brain, spinal cord, nerve and muscle. A range of neurological subspecialties is represented within the department.
The following services are available to public and private patients:
- neurology admission service
- inpatient neurology consultations
- inpatient neurophysiology (EEG, nerve conduction studies / EMG, evoked potentials, vestibular function tests)
- outpatient stroke, TIA and rapid access neurology clinics (for patient discharge and Emergency Department referrals)
- outpatient EEG service (Dr Neil Simon).
Northern Beaches Hospital has a Stroke Unit, complete with cardiac telemetry, for the optimal care of patients recovering from acute stroke. The Unit also has comprehensive access to nursing and allied health services.
Neurology services can be accessed through admission to hospital and via the neurology outpatient clinics (hospital switchboard - 9105 5000).
Further neurology services are available through Northern Beaches Neurology, with clinics located in the Northern Beaches Hospital Specialist Consulting Suites (Suite 6A) and Dee Why. Specific outpatient neurology services include:
- Neurology diagnostic tests EEG
- Nerve conduction studies
- Vestibular function tests (balance testing)
- Nerve and muscle ultrasound
- Evoked potential studies.
- Injection treatments for migraine
- Bulk-billed injection treatments for excess sweating
- Neurology consultations
Contact Northern Beaches Neurology to arrange an EEG or other neurophysiology test, or to arrange a private consultation with one of our specialists.
Our VMO Neurologists
- Dr Jonathon Baird-Gunning
- Dr Natasha Gerbis (Neurologist)
- Dr Jason Gu (Neurologist)
- Dr Tejas Patel (Neurologist)
- Dr Peter Puhl (Neurologist)
- Dr Alexis Selby (Neurologist)
- Dr Neil Simon (Neurologist)
Our Staff Specialists Neurology Team Members (contact through hospital switchboard)