The Northern Beaches Hospital Neurology Department provides a clinical and diagnostic service for the assessment and management of patients with disorders of brain, spinal cord, nerve and muscle. A range of neurological subspecialties is represented within the Department.
The following services are available to public and private patients:
- Neurology admission service.
- Inpatient neurology consultations.
- Inpatient neurophysiology (EEG, nerve conduction studies / EMG, evoked potentials).
- Outpatient EEG service (Dr Neil Simon).
- Outpatient stroke, TIA and rapid access neurology clinics (for patient discharge and Emergency Department referrals).
The Northern Beaches Hospital has a Stroke Unit, complete with cardiac telemetry, for the optimal care of patients recovering from acute stroke. The Unit also has comprehensive access to nursing and Allied Health services.
Neurology services can be accessed through admission to the Northern Beaches Hospital and via the Neurology outpatient clinics
(Hospital switchboard - 9105 5000).
Alternatively, outpatients may contact Northern Beaches Neurology to arrange an EEG or other neurophysiology test, or to arrange a private consultation with one of our specialists.
Northern Beaches Neurology
Telephone: 9982 2270
Fax: 9981 7880
Our VMO Neurologists
- Dr Natasha Gerbis (Neurologist)
- Dr Jason Gu (Neurologist)
- Dr Tejas Patel (Neurologist)
- Dr Peter Puhl (Neurologist)
- Dr Alexis Selby (Neurologist)
- Dr Neil Simon (Neurologist)
Our Staff Specialists Neurology Team Members
- Dr Andrew Evans (Stroke Geriatrician)
- Associate Professor Martin Krause (Neurologist)
- Dr Mark Thieben (Neurologist)