The General Surgery department provides elective and emergency care for public and private patients who have general surgical conditions, such as appendicitis, skin infections and abscesses, and minor trauma.
With state-of-the-art operating theatres and the latest surgical equipment and technologies, our team also offers the following surgical sub-specialties:
- Colorectal surgery - colonoscopy, bowel cancer, diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease, pelvic floor disorders, haemorrhoids, anal conditions.
- Upper GUI surgery - gallstones, liver and pancreatic tumours, gastro-oesophageal reflux (GORD), gastric and oesophageal tumours.
- Breast surgery - benign and malignant breast tumours, breast infections.
- Endocrine surgery - thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal tumours, goiter.
- Surgical oncology - melanoma, soft tissue sarcomas.
The Hospital's General Surgery services can be accessed via the Hospital switchboard on 9105 5000, or by contacting surgeons directly in their private rooms - please refer to the Northern Beaches Hospital Doctors Directory for the most current practice information:
- Dr Stuart Pincott (Head)
- Dr Samuel Kuo
- Dr Gabby Vasica
- Dr Sameer Mihrshahi
- Dr Andrew Pearson
- Dr Robert Melville
- Dr Nigel Ackroyd
- Associate Professor Mark Sywak
- Dr Farnoush Noushi
- Dr Jamal Merei
- Professor Jas Samra
- Dr Philip Le Page
- Dr Justin Evans
- Dr Julian Ip
- Dr Thomas Pennington
- Associate Professor Navin Niles
- Dr Karen Shaw
- Dr Samriti Sood