The Northern Beaches Hospital ENT Department (Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery) provides an exceptional level of care for patients with all conditions affecting the ears, nose and throat.
The following adult and paediatric ENT services are now available:
- Ear/Otology - Grommets, myringoplasty (Ear drum repair), cholesteatoma, endoscopic keyhole ear surgery, cochlear implants, exostectomy (‘Surfers Ear’), laser stapedectomy.
- Nose/Rhinology - Septoplasty, sinus surgery, obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Throat - Laryngology, vocal cord surgery (laser), adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, parotid and thyroid surgery.
- Patients undergoing ENT procedures benefit from state-of-the-art surgical and investigative equipment, including:
- 4K large-scale monitors for endoscopic work in the larynx, ear and sinuses
- a specialised operating microscope
- facial nerve monitors
- a TrueBlue Diode laser
- an integrated computer system for viewing X-rays and scans during the case.
Elective surgical admissions require a referral from one of the Hospital’s accredited ENT specialists. To arrange a consultation in their private rooms, please refer to the Northern Beaches Hospital Doctors Directory:
- Associate Professor Alexander Saxby (Head of Department)
- Assistant Professor David Veivers
- Dr Frank Elsworth
- Dr Georgina Harris
- Dr Geoff Hannell
- Dr Nicholas Leith
- Dr Ming Lee
- Dr Jenifer Lee
- Dr Fiona Ting
Queries regarding the Hospital’s ENT services can be directed to:
Associate Professor Alexander Saxby, Head of Department
Telephone: 9451 9883