Now open- the brand new state-of-the-art Frenchs Forest hospital provides patient-centred, personalised care including:
- 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs and four procedural rooms .
- A 50-space emergency department with a medical centre (GPs) on site
- Critical care services, including intensive care
- 488 beds with room to expand in the future
- Ambulatory care (outpatient services) conveniently located close to the main entry
- Digital imaging and diagnostic facilities with the building enabled for future technologies
- Maternity, paediatrics, renal and cancer care specialties to name a few
- Medical and surgical services
- Mental health services
- 1,400 car spaces
- Convenient café, retail and customer services.
Northern Beaches Hospital is nine storeys high and includes a helipad for emergency transport.
New roads and transport infrastructure will be provided by the NSW Government and Northern Beaches Council is leading on the precinct plan for the area.
We have some fantastic volunteers at Northern Beaches Hospital. They assist the hospital with many things including patient company, wayfinding and directions and support for events.
We are now at capacity for volunteers for 2018.
Should we need further volunteers, we will advertise in 2019 via this website.