Opening in late 2018, the brand new state-of-the-art Frenchs Forest hospital will provide patient-centred, personalised care including:
- 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs and four procedural rooms .
- A 50-space emergency department with a medical centre (GPs) on site
- Critical care services, including intensive care
- 488 beds with room to expand in the future
- Ambulatory care (outpatient services) conveniently located close to the main entry
- Digital imaging and diagnostic facilities with the building enabled for future technologies
- Maternity, paediatrics, renal and cancer care specialties to name a few
- Medical and surgical services
- Mental health services
- 1,400 car spaces
- Convenient café, retail and customer services.
Northern Beaches Hospital will be nine storeys high and includes a helipad for emergency transport.
New roads and transport infrastructure will be provided by the NSW Government and Northern Beaches Council is leading on the precinct plan for the area.